Spettro Duct Clean – Keeping you safe
Spettro keeping you Safe
We work with our customers to ensure a safe work place for employees and a safe environment for your customers. We want to make sure everyone is aware of the dangers of dirty ducting and the legal duties of employers. Don’t worry – it is easy to stay safe and legal – just talk to us and we will make sure that you have nothing to worry about.
- According to local fire authorities and insurance companies, one of the most common causes of fire spreading in commercial premises is failure to remove combustible grease deposits from the kitchen extract ductwork.
- According to government statistics in 2010/11 in the UK there were over 2,000 fires in Public houses, Restaurants, & Cafes etc.
- In London Fire Brigade sources report that on average every 9 days a kitchen extract ductwork fire was attended.
- Insurance companies now stipulate as part of a buildings insurance terms the requirement for the kitchen extract ductwork to be cleaned on a stated frequency (normally once or twice a year depending on use) to the TR19 standard.
- If your insurance company are not satisfied with your ductwork cleaning standards you may find in the event of fire you are not covered.
- When your ductwork has been professionally cleaned by a professional duct/extract cleaning company you will receive a certificate that will comply with all the recommendations your insurance company require giving you peace of mind.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005- requires building operators to assess fire risk & to take steps to prevent or remove the risk.
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992-requires ventilation systems to be cleaned as appropriate.
- Grease is clearly a fire risk therefore it is appropriate to take steps to remove the risk i.e. clean & remove the grease.
- Insurance companies will not pay out on claims where it is found that the fire was spread through, or caused by, grease build up in ductwork.
B&ES TR/19 Standards
Access doors are recommended at the following locations
- Every 3 meters.
- Either side of air vanes.
- Both sides of sound attenuators.
- Either side of volume control dampers.
- Either side of fan units.
- At changes of direction.
- If there are no access panels, then its extremely unlikely the system has been cleaned.
- If its not been cleaned then it could be in breach of the fire safety laws.
- Insurance claims may be declined.
- Urgent action will be required to enforce compliance with the law, to protect lives.
The Lucky StarAlfreton
You guys have done very good jobs. Thankyou. - John Lin15/12/15
Anglo Saxon Pizza TakeawaySheffield
It's a good job. Thanks for doing this job. - MRG. Azizi26/11/15
JC Malaysian Chinese TakeawayGrantham
Excellent. - James Chan17/11/15
Good chap. VERY HAPPY. 17/11/15
The guys did a great job and cleaned the duct, fan and inside very nice. Job well done. - Kevin Lee16/11/15
Great. - Rex Howell09/11/15
Millhouse's Park CafeSheffield
Good job. - Gerald Hyde08/11/15
Pack Horse InnNew Mills
Seems at first inspection to be a good clean job. The 3 guys worked very hard all night. - Mark Crossland02/11/15
Kim's Kitchen Chinese TakeawayDerby
Very good guy. Credit to your company. You should give him a pay rise!! - Mr Saam
Cleaned the fans and filter
Classic CantonSomercotes, Derbyshire
Thanks, Graham. They did a smashing job. Fan sounds like new.
Very professional work done! - Terry T F Cheung
Very good work, thanks.
The lads were very good and professional, explained what they were doing and kept everything pristine! Fantastic work. - A Tsiolas
Frying SquadSouth Normanton
Very good service, thank you.
Bengal Spice RestaurantHolmfirth
Very happy with this work. Two gentlemen were great at what they were doing. Will deffo use you again. Thanks 🙂 - A Rahman
Very good service - Steven Chi